Packed full of seasonal vegetables, this hearty vegetable soup will keep you full & satisfy all your taste buds! Time to cozy up fire-side with this delicious hearty vegetable soup!
This hearty vegetable soup has become one of my most popular soup recipes and for good reason! It’s healthy, it’s comforting and 1,000 times better than what you’ll get in a can! Full of flavor and so easy to make you can’t go wrong with a big warm bowl of vegetable soup.
Not only is this soup delicious but and it’s so easy to make. It just takes some chopping and a bit of simmering until you’ve got a soup everyone will love! This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to add to your dinner or lunch rotation; it makes great leftovers!
Enjoy with a side of toasted sourdough or go a little crazy with a fresh bread bowl, yum!
For more fall inspired meals, check out my other recipes here!
Hearty Vegetable Soup
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes, no salt added
1-15 oz. can corn, no salt added
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 medium red or white potatoes, cubed
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 C zucchini, chopped
1 C broccoli, chopped
1 handful of spinach
1 C mushrooms (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 TBSP. olive oil
1 tsp. dried ground thyme
1. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add corn, tomatoes, broth, thyme, and bay leaves.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low for 10 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add squash, zucchini and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. 7. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight Tupperware for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
Macros per serving: 150 calories | 3g fat | 25g carbs | 6g protein